My beautiful and spiky friends, I’ve got something extra spicy cooked up for you today. My good friend Wallace O’Donnell went 5-1 at the Las Vegas Open with a Tzeentch based list and summoning. In a tournament scene where the top lists often look very similar, Wallace’s creative list was a breath of fresh warp-infused air.
Wallace is a creative player who thinks about the game in a unique way. If you’re not leaving some summoning points in your list yet, you’re going to seriously consider it once you hear some of the strategies he pulled off.
And I don’t want to spoil it for you, but an 85 point model of his killed 3 Knights turn 1. You have to love playing Chaos!
Timestamps are provided in the video description.
- Daemons Battalion
- Be’lakor (Penumbral Curse, Pall of Despair)
- Lord of Change (Incorporeal Form, Impossible Robe, Exalted: Lord of Flux, Gaze of Fate, Bolt of Change, Infernal Gateway)
- 2 x 10 Pink Horrors
- 2 x 3 Nurglings
- 9 Nurglings
- Thousand Sons Cult of Manipulation Patrol
- Ahriman on Disc (Firestorm, Doombolt, Temporal Surge)
- Infernal Master (Weaver of Fates, Glimpse of Eternity, Malefic Maelstrom)
- 10 Rubric Marines (Ardent Automata, Presage)
- 5 Chaos Spawn
- Reinforcement Points
- 250 Summoning Points
I highly recommend you watch the full interview so you can have fun with us and catch all the details, but here are a few quick takeaways that every fan can take away from Wallace and I’s discussion:
- Summoning gives you so much flexibility. You have the chance to add a model with the specific psychic powers you need or the exact tool for the job.
- Movement wins games. Wallace is an expert with movement and move-blocking his opponents, and it paid off in every matchup.
- Disciples of Be’lakor are the real deal. They are looking like a great counter to a lot of currently strong armies, and the recent points drops were really good to them. Now is a great time to give them a shot if you haven’t already!
Note: Excited to get your Chaos army on the tabletop? Me too! I’d love to work with you on making your fun or weird Chaos idea into a competitive list. If you’re interested in supporting the growth of Warphammer and quality 40K writing, feel free to check out Patreon.com/Warphammer and join the team. Additional benefits and coaching are available.
Interested in learning more about playing Chaos? Check out the Warphammer Discord here: https://discord.gg/SgBcXW5s6R
Published: February 3rd, 2022
Last Updated: February 3rd, 2022